It was back in 1958 that in a local sandwich bar in the centre of Parma called “Grotta Mafalda”, a number of people gathered on their way to or from the Teatro Regio Opera House; men of passion and fire who, between a tasty sandwich and a glass of good local wine, chatted animatedly about singers, voices, lyric opera and the works of Giuseppe Verdi.
Since the birth of the group the headquarters of the 27 has been called "Covo Verdiano"; in fact, the members of the Club have always gathered in underground rooms.
The first seat was in the cellars of the sandwich bar “Grotta Mafalda” from which the Club took its name.
In 1972 the Club transferred to the, obviously, underground premises of the restaurant “Canon d’Or” in via Nazario Sauro
In 1974 the group rented a cellar in Via Farini in the heart of the city centre and established its definitive name as The Club of the 27.
Since 2006 the Club has been housed in the highly prestigious seat of the Casa della Musica – House of Music in one of the vast underground areas of Palazzo Cusani.